Sunday, June 21, 2009

Recently I reported two blogs that particularly appeal to me are a literacy blog, http://www.thedailycafe.com and the KidLit site http://www.kidlitosphere.org. Now, I want to share out two others that have riveted my interest:

Hello
http://blog.stratepedia.org/ [Related to SIM: Strategic Instruction Model] “Hello is our blog, written by those of us at Stratepedia and additional contributors from the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning. In Hello you can expect to find news about Stratepedia services and events; learn more about our products Depot, Dossier, and the Learning Labs; or learn more about various emerging technology trends.” I’m hooked, big time, on SIM, both its curriculum enhancements that the entire district has begun to access and the learning strategies strand offered most often by Region XIII and especially suited for Tier 2 and 3 learners. This blog even includes some sample organizers. Like The Daily CafĂ©, I can see that this will be an on-going, go-to “classroom assistant.”

You RRISD ITS’s rock! I am sooo impressed by what you have developed to help teachers facilitate students’ learning. I explored Technology Education Know-How and put it on my “list,” only to notice today it’s one of the blogs listed on our course homepage. I just hadn't worked quite that far through the list - or so I thought. To check it out, if you haven’t already, go to
http://www.techedknow.com/, “Helping Teachers Teach with Technology” from Greg Smith, yet another RRISD ITS. Here you can find links to everything from 1050 Power Point presentations to a .pdf converter or from a plagiarism checker to Wordle ideas.

I really need to stop and figure out how I want to organize access to all these blogs and sites. Now where did I see the link to a nifty site that claims it will help me even more than feeds, in the way it gathers the blogs I want to follow…?


Luego.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    What a great post, and very complimentary. Shows you are diving even more into the world of blogging. Great idea to explore other blogs to get a feel for your own. Keep up the great work!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    You're going to be excited to know that Week 3 is dedicated to help you, " figure out how I want to organize access to all these blogs and sites."
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete